We wanted to share with you our story on how we came about restoring The White Hart back to her original beauty and also share with you the exciting developments we have coming in the very near future!
In May 2014 Tim bought the White Hart on the basis he needed a new home and liked the idea of a combined evening/weekend socially focused business.
The internal change took several months during which the pub closed during the week and opened at weekends to enable the regulars to witness the transformation!
- All non-historic dividing walls and internal wall covering removed (circa 1970’s & 1980’s)
- All timbers shot blasted back to their original beauty from being painted black.
- The bar was taken out from the middle of two rooms to make these rooms one.
- Timbers added, but historic timber from the out-buildings re-used.
- New three-sided bar was built 4m long using the best quality oak
- Small dining room and an office converted into a single dining room split by the historic timbers, which we didn’t wish to remove, creating a space for up to 30 people to dine on rustic bespoke tables and an oak floor.
- Walls stripped back to the original stone/brick work.
Outside a number of improvements have been made including new lighting, decking, patio areas and outside dining with full sun or shade. The outbuildings / garage which were modern extensions have been removed including the gents outside toilet.
What’s to Come…
We are now ready to build the extension!
- The removal of the current ladies toilet with new ones built out of reclaimed materials all ready to go.
- A single story 7m extension will replace the ladies providing room for 24 seats in booths with an open view to the courtyard garden.
Attached to this will be a 13m two story extension with cellars providing:
- A new kitchen
- Storage and preparation rooms
- 26 extra dining seats
- More Parking
The end will result in more casual dining in the old pub with the addition of sofas and a space for relaxing dining, with the new extensions being designed to complement the existing building and providing a more formal dining.
We look forward to welcoming you for some delicious food in our traditional thatched pub soon!
Check out some of our restoration before and after photos in our gallery below!